One year later, and I am still married. I wonder if it’s true what the say about the first year being the hardest. I don’t have enough experience to say. If it’s anything like learning a new skill for instance, then the hard part about the beginning is not knowing which way is up or which is down.
One year later makes marriage settle into the background and get comfortable.
Although. Sometimes…sometimes… Ok, say you learn to play the accordion and later learn that you taught yourself upside down and backwards. This is sometimes what it feels like.
But that would be if we were doing it alone, and we are mostly certainly not.
Yep, we are part of something a lot bigger than what we can possibly imagine.
So, the hard part? Nah. It ain’t no thing.
How To Rescue a Cat From a Tree
Ladder or adrenaline
A rope with something somewhat heavy attached to one end (Or a long, thick extension cord)
1. Construct pulley system using rope and laundry basket.
2. Climb as high as you can using your ladder if possible.
3. Throw the heavy end of the rope over a branch near the cat. (Do not hit the cat.)
4. Pulley the basket near the cat so he can jump in. Be patient. He will jump in.
5. Lower the rope to the ground.
6. Climb down and carry the limp little carrot home.